3 Breathing Techniques to Keep You Calm and Focused During Your Work Day
Breath is Life. It is the fount of all human power. Our respiratory systems are miraculous and intricate, purifying the body from the inside out. Unfortunately, many of us don't take time to practice proper breathing. What results is lower energy levels, feeling fatigued, foggy headedness, and an overall lower quality of life.
Strong breathers lead better lives. Proper breathing helps to alleviate stress, improves energy, and leaves you feeling clear headed and ready to conquer. Breathing is also how you exercise and tend to the internal organs. Taking a little time throughout the day to breath properly, and even just being mindful of your breathing can make a significant positive impact on your life. But for a really powerful boost to leave you feeling like a super human, here's three nifty breathing techniques practiced & mastered by yogis and enlightened folk since antiquity.
These are breathing techniques to promote abounding health and vigor, rejuvenation, a clear complexion, and an overall new buoyancy in the body.
A Breath For Harmony
- Stand or sit upright and seeing that the spine is straight and align.
- Using your right thumb, close your right nostril and breath in steadily through the left (negative) nostril, counting 4 during the inhale.
- Hold and maintain the breath without any strain for a 16 count
- Closing the left nostril, exhale for steadily through the Right nostril for and 8 count
- Switch and repeat for the other side, closing the left nostril with the left thumb and breathing in through the right (positive).
A Breath for Revitalization
- Stand or sit upright and seeing that the spine is straight and align
- Breath in deep from the abdomen, strong and steadily.
- Hold breath in (nice and easy, no straining!) for about 30 seconds.
- Keep your chest firm and lifted and exhale vigorously, letting out ALL of the air.
- Now relax and let your breath take on a rhythmic nature, mentally repeating some positive affirmations or mantras.
A Breath for Physical Perfection
- Stand or sit upright and seeing that the spine is straight and align, feet firmly planted, with a sense that you are gripping the floor.
- Extend your arms in front of you, clenching your hands, and keeping your arms firm but comfortable.
- Inhale a Complete Breath.
- Continuing to stand strong and firm, swing your arms back as far as they will go, stretching the chest, and then bring them back. Keep this motion firm, smooth, and fluid, and repeat 3 times, then exhale, breath rhythmically and relax.
Breath is Life. Breath strong and spread the word. May the Force be with you.