Most of us aren't the best at saving money — splurging just feels so good and gives us that instant satisfaction we crave.
However, it's nothing to beat yourself up over — even though we put out articles to advise you on budgeting and finance, we know slip-ups happen.
And when they do, you're going to need some extra assistance to get yourself back on your feet. Rather than asking for money or — even worse — going to your parents, why not earn a little money on the side to boost yourself up?
Here are seven side hustles you can do this month to make ends meet:
1. Lock screen apps
Apps like Slidejoy or S'more will pay you to advertise on your phone — specifically, your lock screen. My experience with Slidejoy has been positive for the most part — I used to get an extra ten bucks a month just by having ads on my phone. Although the apps may be annoying at first, you'll eventually get used to it. Not customizing your phone won't seem so bad when you get some cash in your PayPal — no pain, no gain.
2. Do small tasks or jobs for people
Using websites like TaskRabbit or Fiverr will let you do errands or jobs for people that need it. Usually, pay is pretty low, but it can add up when you run several of these a day. There's no set price for TaskRabbit, but Fiverr usually ranges from five to ten dollars per task.
3. Online tutoring
Websites like Chegg or Tutor.com will offer an hourly rate for online tutors — if you have a certain degree or are well versed in a particular subject, go ahead and apply for a position. Online tutoring is super low committal, and you can pick and choose which jobs to take.
For Chegg, pay starts at around $20 an hour, but for other sites, you can set your own rate or choose a student based on theirs.
4. Paid language exchange
Tandem is a website that matches language tutors with students on your phone or tablet — students book their own appointments and pay you right on the app. Lessons are also prepaid, so no matter what, you'll get the money.
5. Freelance jobs
Websites like Upwork or writing sites like Skyword will hire freelancers to create content or work for other companies that require temporary workers. This method is a bit more in depth than others on this list but may be more rewarding if you stick it through.
6. Mobile games
Cash Show is an app that allows you to win money when you answer correct trivia questions — prizes are given three times a day and for a set amount, which is usually a couple thousand or so dollars. You have to answer 12 questions with ten seconds for each question. The cash prize is split among the winners of that round of trivia, so your winnings may start off slow at first. Other than that, it's a pretty fun way to earn some side money.
7. Instagram campaigns
We've all seen the rise of Instagram models and paid advertisements on the app — however, did you know you can participate too? With programs like Heartbeat, you can also become a brand ambassador and get paid to post pictures of various products.
When you sign up, they'll decide what your pay rate per post is along with what campaigns are available. You can sign up no matter how many followers you have, but your stats will affect how well you're paid.
If you do all of these ideas, you're bound to make some extra cash this month. I'd hurry up and do it fast — these side hustles might disappear if more and more people find out about them!
- Side Hustle Ideas: 53 Ways To Make Money Fast On The Side ›
- How to Make Extra Money: 23 Easy Ways - Clark Howard ›
- 50 Ideas for a Lucrative Side Hustle ›
- How to Make Money on the Side This Year ›
- 30 Easy Ways to Make Money on the Side This Year | Inc.com ›
- 15 Side Jobs to Make Some Extra Money ›
- 18 Legitimate Ways to Make Money on the Side in 2019 ›
- 113 Best Side Hustle Ideas to Make Extra Money in 2019 ›
- How To Make Extra Money With A Side Hustle (That Pays Up to $50 ... ›
- How to Make Money: 26 Legitimate Side Hustles - NerdWallet ›
- 71 New Ways to Earn Extra Money on the Side in 2018 (Guaranteed ... ›
- 15 Side Jobs to Make Some Extra Money ›
- How to earn extra money on the side ›
- 10 Lucrative Side Gigs for Millennials Looking to Earn Extra Money ›
- The Best Ways to Make Extra Money by Freelancing, Telecommuting ›