More than 30% of people in the U.S. are dealing with some sort of debt, and yet most are unaware about credit relief and negotiation. For some, this means a poor credit score, which can affect being approved for loans or result in higher interest payments.
There are solutions, luckily, that allow leeway in our finances. One such option is CreditRepair, a leader in credit repair that offers customers a solution to a poor credit score. The company facilitates a seamless process with debt collectors to ensure you're charged fairly and accurately. The process matches you with attorneys and paralegals who will review your credit reports and send the appropriate correspondence to your creditors. Up to 70% of people will see an improved credit score after working with Credit Repair — a huge and impactful number considering the alternative, bankruptcy.
Ahead, five people with various backgrounds discuss how Credit Repair helped relieve their financial difficulties.
1. Paul, 55 — "I'm a working father who's always been financially responsible for my family. But later in life, things caught up to me — car payments, mortgage, kids' college funds — and my credit score was really affected. Though I was able to get it under control in a timely manner, my credit report still contained old line items that were no longer valid. CreditRepair was the only reasonable way to get rid of these items still on my credit report without having to personally haggle with creditors on the phone every single day."
2. Amy, 35 — "Last year, I became a first-time homeowner, which simply wouldn't have been possible without the help of CreditRepair. The credit repair company helped me create a better credit profile so that I could apply for the mortgage loan I wanted and that was right for my family. The process was simple and the lawyers professional to ensure I got what I needed in a timely manner."
3. Christine, 40 — "My husband and I recently divorced, and aside from it being an emotional rollercoaster, it turned out to be even more trying financially. I began seeing negative marks on my credit report — not from my own charges, but from my husband's linked accounts. Before it got even worse and led to bankruptcy, I contacted CreditRepair for assistance. The lawyers were the only reliable way to communicate issues with my husband's creditors and fix my report without being connected to his finances once and for all."
4. Anthony, 24 — "I never thought I'd be dealing with a bad credit score so early in life, but student loans quickly caught up to me in the two years after graduating. Luckily, CreditRepair offered me solutions to dealing with high monthly payments. For me, loan consolidation was best, which lowered interest rates and is ultimately leading me down a path of paying off my loans faster."
5. Cindy, 45 — "Friends and family have always mentioned using credit repair services to fix bad credit report, but I never knew how to actually make it happen. Working with CreditRepair felt like a seamless process — from the moment of my first discussion with a paralegal all the way up to the follow-up discussions. And since I normally don't know how to handle things like this, I felt confident enough to put my trust in the company to dissect my credit report and figure out the best course of action for credit repair."
Allow CreditRepair to put your mind at ease and help you get your credit score back to where it should be. The process is simple and effective, letting you take back control of your finances and focus on what really matters.
Update: CreditRepair is offering our readers free credit repair consultation, which includes a complete review of your FREE credit report summary and score. You can follow this link, or call 1-833-335-7539 to take advantage of this no-obligation offer.
Call anytime between 7am and 11:59pm EST to get your free credit report and score!
The National Financial Educators Council (NFEC) surveyed young adults in 2017 and asked them what high school level course would benefit their lives the most.
The majority responded that money management was the course that would be most beneficial.
With personal debt is at its highest record and COVID-19 threatening to have the hardest economic effects on youth, understanding money and finances is an important life lesson that should be taught to children at a young age.
The following is a list of the best financial literacy lessons and tips to teach children throughout different life stages.
I thought I had a pretty good handle on my finances out of school. I worked several jobs while attending university and had little to no problem managing my income. However, once I graduated, I realized how much more complicated personal accounting could really be.
There were so many variables I needed to keep track of. Biweekly bills, monthly charges, and general necessities amounted to a heap of confusing numbers that were often impossible to decipher. The funniest part was that I was actually trying to do this by hand (I don't know what I was trying to prove to myself, either).
After messing up for the 17th time, I decided to give Microsoft Excel a shot. I used Excel a bit in school and I knew all the big-wig finance people used it, so what could I possibly have to lose? The answer is about six hours of my precious time. Excel isn't much of an improvement over handwriting and it's still dependent on the user to manually input all of the information. It's like doing everything by hand with the slightest help, meaning that it still required a tremendous amount of time and concentration. Well that was all for nothing, I guess.
It's sort of funny. I was certain that I could manage my personal finances with ease, when it's practically a full-time job. I was already stressed out enough with my first job and I knew I didn't have enough time to give my finances the attention it deserved.
That's why I decided to try out a budgeting app. My best friend told me that he uses an app called Truebill to manage his finances. "What does it even mean to manage your finances?" I asked him. He told me that Truebill was the personal financial assistant I wished I could have. It could aggregate all of my account information into one place and give me specific insights and actions.
I loved the idea of having full control over my finances, especially during a time of financial uncertainty, and I realized that Truebill would be the easiest way to accomplish this. The user interface is incredibly simple and intuitive, so it doesn't even feel like a finance app! Truebill offers a multitude of features, with their most popular being the ability to cancel subscriptions with the press of a button.
Okay, I had no idea how many subscriptions I was still subscribed to. In fact, I wasn't even using a quarter of the subscription services I was signed up for. Subscription boxes, streaming services, my old gym, and even an old subscription to my favorite magazine--it was all there and I was livid. How could I let myself waste all of this money and how did I never catch this? Thank goodness for Truebill.
Truebill also offers bill negotiations. There is a 40% fee based on how much you save and Truebill even claims that there is an 85% chance that they'll be able to lower your bill once a negotiation is requested. Why wouldn't I take them up on this? There was zero risk and I would only have to pay once my bill was lowered (which means that I would be saving money regardless).
More standard features of Truebill include the ability to generate a credit report on-demand and even request a pay advance. I only used the pay advance feature once when I wanted to buy a gift for my mom, but didn't have enough cash in hand and Truebill automatically reimbursed itself when I got my next paycheck.
The credit report is another fantastic feature and practically taught me what good credit meant. Truebill's credit report basically shows you which financial decisions have the most significant impact on your credit score and ways that you can improve your credit month-over-month. I've never had such control over my credit and it feels good.
I'll be the first to admit that I was extremely naive coming out of school. I figured that as long as I was attentive, I could manage my finances with ease. We manage money to some extent throughout our entire lives, but once you're thrown out on your own, it's a completely different story. With Truebill, I've finally been able to take control over my finances and stay on top of all of my responsibilities.
My buddies and I always try to make it out to a game, but we never really care which one we end up at. Obviously we have our favorite sports and teams, but it was rarely about what game we went to or who we saw playing. It was about watching the game live.
In the early months of lockdown, all we had was Korean baseball, and trust me, we loved it. The only issue was, none of us had any idea what the commentators were saying. Even then, a few of my friends weren't huge fans of baseball. They were into sports like football and basketball, ones that moved at a quicker pace with less down-time in between plays.
We decided to see if there were any other events going down and came across horse racing. Yes, horse racing. It was perfect--short, fast-paced, and most importantly, an opportunity for betting.
I had never really considered watching a horse race any time other than the Belmont Stakes, but the prospects of the sport seemed exhilarating. Even better, with horse racing we knew we could still recreate the atmosphere of a race track. Salty snacks? Check. Stale beer? Check. A simple and easy way to bet? Check.
One quick Google search later, we came across TVG, powered by FanDuel. It's an online betting platform that takes you right to the heart of the action. We were a little apprehensive about using a mobile app to place our bets, but TVG's ability to bet on live horse races from all over the world was too good to pass up.
Here are 5 reasons why we are obsessed with horse racing thanks to TVG:
1. Betting has never been easier
Use your phone or computer to watch and bet on live horse races in real-time. TVG offers a bunch of features to make betting even simpler--live odds and handicapping tips leverage recent learnings to help you make your best bet. Not to mention, TVG's exclusive race content and wagering guide offers an under-the-hood look into the strategy behind horse race betting.
2. The biggest selection of horse races out there
If you're looking to drop a little dough on a horse race, chances are your best option is your local race track. But watching the same few horses races over and over again isn't the most exciting thing. With TVG you have access to over 150 tracks worldwide with races happening consistently throughout the day.
3. Get a generous sign-up offer when you place your first bet
Once you register your account, you will be eligible for a $200 risk-free bet. All you have to do is place your first bet and you're covered. If you happen to lose, TVG will insure you for up to $200 as a sort of wagering credit. I may have been a little trigger happy when placing my first bet, so having this insurance was a great perk. There are also a bunch of promotional offers available year-round.
4. Making deposits and cashing out at the touch of button
With a ton of payment options such as PayPal, BetCash, debit/credit, wire transfers, and other third-party services, making a deposit is a breeze. But what about the payout? Depending on your deposit method, your withdrawal will be available in a few days. No more waiting in-line to collect your winnings!
5. Watching live races with your friends while betting is exhilarating
Even when we were watching Korean baseball, Zoom calls with my friends were a little dull.
With TVG, we haven't had this sort of fun in months! Every weekend we'll turn on a race and throw our bets in. After a few races, and quite a few drinks, we'll tally up our winnings to see who won the most! Sometimes it's not even about making money, but just having a good time.
TVG is the perfect way to add a little excitement to an otherwise mundane afternoon. It introduced me to the world of horse racing, a sport I never would have considered otherwise.
The races just keep ramping up and thanks to TVG, I can always get in on the fun.